Herbert is committed to delivering reliable quality products and services to our customers in a timely and effective manner. The company has an established company-wide continuous improvement process which runs throughout the supply chain ensuring that our processes, product, and systems are optimised to deliver the best possible performance in the most cost-effective manner. The improvement process is based on a Total Quality approach which utilises a combination of the best elements of the Juran, Demming, and Crosby methodologies ensuring business decisions are fact-based, focused on the required areas, and co-ordinated and implemented so that our customers and ourselves get maximum benefit.
Continuous Improvement is encouraged and supported throughout the business from Senior Management down with all personnel trained to perform their functions within a team environment and to constantly look for process and quality improvement and efficiency.
Declaration of Conformity
Please click on our declaration of conformity page for viewable copies of our Declarations Of Conformity.
Herbert is accredited to ISO9001 which covers Design, Manufacture, Installation and Service and use the standard to provide the framework for the quality system – the assessment agency is the British Standards Institute. Our ISO9001 certificate number is FM01006.
- SafeContractor Approved Member
- Altius Assured Vendor
- Prince2 Certified Staff
- EC Certified Business
- System in accordance with ISO22000
- Food Safety Management Member
- Engineering Employees Federation Member
- Chamber of Commerce Member
- IPAF Trained Staff
- HSSE accreditation – UK FVC BP
The Group is authorised to undertake the EC verification of Non Automatic Weighing Instruments throughout the EU. We are also involved with, among others, the key industry and international organisations below.
- CECIP – Comité Européen des Constructeurs d’Instruments de Pesage
- OIML – Organisation Internationale de Métrologie Légale
- UKWF – United Kingdom Weighing Federation
- WELMEC- Western European Legal Metrological Cooperation, now the European Cooperation in Legal Metrology
- EEF South East of England Environmental Award Runners Up 2009
- CB9 Chamber of Commerce Environmental Achievement Award Winners 2008
- Herbert is fully compliant with WEEE,
- RoHS and Battery Directives
- WEEE Directive registration: Herbert: WEE/CA0071UZ
- Battery Directive registration: Herbert NPWD23108